Experts say that “the key to a healthy and fit lifestyle is not just picking the right foods, but it’s also about supplementing a healthy diet with increased physical activity.”
Nowadays, most people have a hard time squeezing in a workout during their work days. Keeping up with your health and fitness during the work week may seem impossible with all of the pressing deadlines, meetings, and tasks that need to be completed.
But no worries!
We have some easy & quick fitness tips for your busy work days.
Before moving on, there are some things which we wanted to clarify with you!
Are you getting enough protein in your diet?
While watching your calorie, sugar, and salt intake are important, so is ensuring that you are getting enough protein. It is essential to the development and survival of every cell in our bodies. It's what keeps our bodies running and gives our cells energy.
So for your protein intake, we have a perfect recommendation for you! Vegan Plant Protein PowderBeing India’s tastiest vegan protein powder, Vegan Way is easy to digest and has faster absorption. With 20+ plant-based superfoods, this vegan protein powder comes in sachets, making it easy to use! It also has the highest protein per serving: 25.7 grams per serving.
Now read on!
Here are some easy and quick fitness tips for working professionals:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator: This simple change in your daily routine can help you get some extra physical activity and improve your cardiovascular health.
- Walk or bike to work: If you live close enough to your workplace, consider walking or biking to work instead of driving. This can help you get in some physical activity and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
- Use your lunch break for exercise: Take a walk or jog during your lunch break to get in some physical activity during the workday. You can also bring a pair of sneakers to work and do some simple exercises at your desks, such as stretching, chair squats, or calf raises.
- Incorporate strength training into your routine: Strength training can help you build muscle, improve bone density, and increase metabolism. Consider adding a few strength training exercises to your routines, such as push-ups, squats, or lunges.
- Make healthy food choices: Choose healthy, nutritious foods that will give you the energy you need to get through the workday. Avoid sugary snacks and drinks, and opt for fruits, vegetables, and protein-rich foods instead.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day can help you stay energised and focused. Keep a water bottle at your desk, and aim to drink at least 8 cups of water per day.
- Get enough sleep: Adequate sleep is important for both physical and mental health. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to help you feel rested and ready to tackle the day.
- Get out of that chair: Active work is possible even in a sedentary office environment. Standing up while on the phone or even walking while holding meetings are all simple ways to incorporate more movement into your day.
- Challenge yourself: Register for local 5ks, mud runs, obstacle course races, and triathlons to stay active.
Remember to listen to your body and be mindful of your own fitness goals and needs. It's also a good idea to speak with a healthcare professional or a certified fitness trainer to get personalised advice and guidance on your fitness journey.